Combine photography, fitness and become part of an exhibit at The Arts Center. I’m asking you to get involved and share in this challenge with me–there are prizes!
These days we are all about capturing the moment with our phones, tablets and digital cameras. There are applications (APPS) to enhance these images, to add text, to make grids and more. Instagram and other photo apps are the hottest thing going.
In my search to be healthier I’ve gotten involved in something called ChallengeLoop. They have all kinds of challenges. I’ve been doing random fitness challenges where I’ve agreed to accept a challenge (like exercise 30 minutes per day for a month). You then document your activities by posting to the ChallengeLoop site. Some challenges have prizes for incentive.
For me the program is good motivation to be active and the artsy person in me has enjoyed is seeing all the creative images that people share to represent their activities. This got me thinking that I’d develop some kind of challenge that would result in an small exhibit for The Arts Center’s Lobby Gallery in April.
One thing that I’ve tried to do with my past participation is share something about North Dakota with virtual world. I’m guessing there aren’t a lot of people participating from our state so if I can share some ND images and change perceptions–I’m happy to do that. I’m hoping for lots of participation from North Dakota. Lets show them a “snapshot” of who we are–while we beat the winter blues and Embrace Winter Movement even if its just for a few short minutes.
Living in North Dakota we have to embrace winter to remain active-hence the name #EmbraceWinterMovement. I see many ChallengeLoop participants are getting out despite the weather and getting it done. Exercise and Creativity are so important to healthy living and this challenge combines both.
Selected photos (that you share in this challenge) will be included in an exhibit at The Arts Center in Jamestown, North Dakota. The exhibit will also be documented with the creation of a poster. At the end of the Challenge, people who have posted at least 5 times on the ChallengeLoop site will be entered into a drawing to receive prizes including a printed poster, winter necessities, and a box of HoneyStinger Waffles (a healthy snack and affiliate of Miller Honey Farms in Gackle, ND). Five (5) winners will be selected. Everyone will receive a digital version of the poster via a link provided on the #EmbraceWinterMovement ChallengeLoop feed.
- Join this challenge using this link ChallengeLoop.
- Challenge begins on March 1 but you can sign up now.
- For the Month of March – 3 times per week do a 30 min outdoor activity – run, walk, ski, snowshoe, ice-skate, shovel snow, stack wood …whatever.
- Document your activity with a photo – the photo could be a selfie, something funky or some winter beauty you encounter–the more creative the better!
- During the month Upload at least five photos to the #EmbraceWinterMovement ChallengeLoop page and you will be eligible for the prizes.
- Take photos in medium – high resolution setting keeping in mind that if they are selected for the exhibit they will need to be reproduced in print.